I have to say, I have the most wonderful hubby in the world!!! He swept me away for the weekend (well, half of it) for Valentine's Day to a Jimmy Evans Marriage Conference! The kids were thrilled to have a set of twins come stay the night with them :) ... almost as thrilled as we were to have time alone! It was so nice being able to go out to dinner without having to look over a childrens' menu or clean up under a highchair when it was time to go. Jimmy took me to Brio Tuscan Grill and I have to say, it was the most incredible meal I have ever had! I had shrimp & crabcake appetizers and the most wonderful grilled salmon on herb crusted tomatoes, topped with shoestring potatoes. We went for walks, stayed out late for gourmet icecream, and we even slept in until 8:30!!!! Jimmy really spoiled me! The sessions we attended were awesome (we missed a couple so that we could have a relaxing brunch at the hotel restaurant... imagine that!), and the highlight of the weekend came at the end of the conference when we renewed our vows :) It was the most romantic Valentine's Day ever!
Haven cried when we got home and the girls had to leave, because she really loved having so many girls in the house. It must be hard for her to have 3 brothers. I think I need to do more "girly dates" with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like a lovely, LOVELY Valentine's day. Congratulations on your renewed vows. Poor Haven, to be so sad when the sitters left - I know she wouldn't object to more Mommy time ;-)
ReplyDelete